Do you feel like your headset is not performing like it used to? Is the quality of your calls diminishing?
It could be your headset battery. Most people are unaware that your headset has a battery that charges your headset top. This tiny battery is responsible for keeping the quality of your call at its best.
Let’s look at the Plantronics CS540. With a single full charge, the CS540 will provide up to 8 hours of talk time. Talk time will be reduced when operating in wideband mode or if the headset is used consistently at a far distance from the base.
Low Battery Warning
If you are on a call and the headset battery is critically low, you will hear a repeated single low tone every 15 seconds indicating the battery is low. You should recharge the headset immediately. If you are not on a call and press the call button, you will hear three low tones if the battery is critically low. You should replace the headset immediately.
If your battery does not fully charge or gives you less than 6 hours talk time then it’s time to change.
Ultimately, a battery should last between 18 months to 2 years depending on the amount of use the headset has, and the environment that your headset is kept in. To keep your headset performing at its best, we recommend changing your headset battery at least every 2 years.
Replacing your battery
1. Slide the battery cover off and remove it from the headset.
2. Pull the battery out of the attachment clip.
3. Grasp the battery connector and disconnect from the headset.
4. Plug the new battery to the battery connector.
5. Once connected, slide the battery into place.
6. Slide the cover back on and push it into place.
There are a number of different headsets which require different batteries. If you don’t know what headset you have, or what battery you need call a Telrexpert today on 1300 665 970 and Telrex about it.
- Plantronics CS540 Spare Battery
- Spare Battery for Plantronics CS510, CS520, W710, W720, W410 and W420
- Plantronics W440 and W740 Spare Battery